This is a completely simple dish that really needs no description at all. It’s ready in a minute and will please everyone. As presented here, the lime juice brings out the flavor of the tomato and the mango, with the avocado providing a wonderful, mild counterbalance to the rest of the flavors. But see the “Variations” section below for some tasty modifications.
INGREDIENTS and PREP:
- Juice of one lime
- 1 avocado and 1 mango, both peeled and cut into pieces of similar size
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges the same size as the mango and avocado, 2 scallions (white and green parts); finely chopped
- Put the lime juice (#1) in a glass bowl.
- Add the avocado and mango (#2), stir gently to coat in the lime juice. Be careful not so mash the avocado.
- Add the tomato and scallions (#3), and stir just enough to mix things randomly.
- Place the salad in a serving bowl.
Variations: To take things in a different direction, you could add 1 tsp Shanxi vinegar to the lime juice, or 1 tsp fish sauce. Another option would be to add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro to prep #3. You could also substitute 1 cup chopped papaya for the mango.