Here’s a tasty and easy recipe. Almost no explanation is needed, except perhaps for shichimi togarashi, which is a Japanese spice mixture containing ground red chiles, Suchuan pepper, roasted orange peel, ground ginger, and toasted sesame seeds. It’s available at Asian markets and some mainstream grocery stores.
INGREDIENTS and PREP:
- 4 scallions, light green parts, finely chopped
- Shichimi togarashi (Japanese spice powder)
- Bring a pot of water to a hard boil. Add the eggs and let them cook for 7-8 minutes; then remove the eggs immediately and place them in an ice-water bath until cold. Finally, peel the eggs and cut them in half. The yolks will be quite soft, but not runny.
- Arrange on a serving dish and garnish with the scallions.
- Sprinkle with the shichimi togarashi, and serve.